Exciting Announcement: Affiliates Scholarship and Bar Passage Success Program Student Selection for the Next Class of Students
The program will be administered by JD Advising (www.jdadvising.com) and is tailored for law students completing their second year in May/June 2024. This transformative experience is designed to accommodate 24 law students associated with Affiliates and other students attending specified law schools. The program is scheduled to unfold in February 2024 and conclude in January/February 2025.
Key Dates for the Program Cycle:
- February 29, 2024: Deadline for NBA Affiliates to submit one nomination to its NBA Regional Director
- March 29, 2024: Deadline for NBA Regional Directors to select two nominees and targeted Law School Deans to select one nominee
- April 30, 2024: Deadline for NBA Regional Directors and targeted Law School Deans to submit Nomination Forms to the NBI
- May 31, 2024: NBI Announcement of selected law students
Affiliates and their Regional Directors should consider nominating law students who embody the following criteria:
- Have demonstrated a commitment to pursuing equality and justice through work or volunteerism.
- Are enrolled full-time at an accredited U.S. law school.
- Are starting their third year of law school in the Fall of 2024 with an expected graduation in 2025.
- Are members of the NBA Student Division.
All students will have the invaluable opportunity to participate in an online Bar Exam Strategy Course provided by JD Advising, a program set for enhancing their ability to pass their state bar examinations. The Strategy Course consists of two (2) intensive two-day sessions. Depending on the size of this second class of students, the NBI will award up to twelve (12) $5,000 scholarships to students selected by the Regions. The combination of scholarships and bar exam course study are integral components of the NBI’s Bar Passage Success Program.
To learn more about the Affiliates Scholarship Submission contact NBA Vice President James J. Carter, Jr. at email@example.com.
Check the NBI website at www.nationalbarinstitute.org for more details.